SUBMISSION RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- The challenge is open to all quilters permanently residing on the African continent.
- Each side of the finished quilt should be between 50 and 100 cm.
- The quilt must be hand or machine quilted and bound.
- The quilt must have three layers: top, backing and batting. Only high quality fabrics should be used for the main construction.
- Embellishments and other surface design treatments are permitted.
- The quilt must have a 4" wide sleeve on the back for hanging.
- A cloth label with your name and telephone number MUST be sewn to the back of the quilt.
- The quilt MUST depict the theme "Dreams".
- Entries must be the entrant's own original design and should NOT have been exhibited before. Any source of inspiration MUST be declared.
- Entrants must submit TWO photos of their entry by email for pre-selection. One flat full shot (including borders) and a close up of the detail. Each photo should be between 1 and 5 MB in size.
- Each entry must include the title of the quilt, a description of it, the techniques used, as well as a declaration that the design is your own original work. Any source of inspiration must be declared.
- Entries must be emailed to email@example.com
- Entries close on 1 May 2012.
- The South African Quilters Guild appointed panel of judges will then invite successful entrants to send their quilts for final selection.
- Successful entries will be displayed as a special collection at IQCAfrica 2012 and entrants will each receive a Certificate of Exhibition. Thereafter the quilts will travel to other countries. They will be returned to the entrants after touring.
This is NOT a competition and no prizes will be awarded.
The purpose of this challenge is to showcase the best of Africa's quilting talent.